The Green River District Health Department is reporting two new COVID-19 deaths within its western Kentucky district.
The new deaths reported Wednesday occurred in Daviess County and Hancock County.
Also reported by GRDHD on Wednesday were 152 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the health department's seven-county district.
Here's a breakdown of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths reported by the health department:
- Daviess County: 54 new positive cases, 1 new COVID-19 death
- Hancock County: 12 new positive cases, 1 new COVID-19 death
- Henderson County: 33 new positive cases
- McLean County: 11 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 12 new positive cases
- Union County: 21 new positive cases
- Webster County: 9 new positive cases
The seven-county district surpasses 7,000 total cases of the virus on Wednesday, with 7,021 total positive cases of COVID-19 now having been identified throughout the district so far.
GRDHD COVID-19 Summary for Nov. 18:
On Wednesday, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear laid out new COVID-19 restrictions for the Bluegrass State in the midst of the ever-increasing number of positive cases and deaths statewide.
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 144,753 total COVID-19 cases and 1,712 total deaths statewide.