Another 32 new COVID-19 deaths were confirmed throughout the state of Indiana on Friday by the Indiana State Department of Health.
According to ISDH, five of those new COVID-19 deaths occurred locally in Posey, Gibson, and Warrick counties.
ISDH also said Friday that 879 new positive cases of COVID-19 had been identified throughout the state.
Of the new positive cases reported throughout the state Friday, ISDH said 68 had been identified within the southwest region of the state, as seen below.
Local COVID-19 Increases Reported Friday:
- Vanderburgh County: 15 new cases
- Warrick County: 8 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Posey County: 0 new cases, 1 new death
- Gibson County: 29 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Pike County: 2 new cases
- Dubois County: 8 new cases
- Spencer County: 4 new cases
- Perry County: 1 new case
- Knox County: 1 new case
- Daviess County: 0 new cases
ISDH says 665,285 total Indiana residents have now tested positive for the virus to date, and that 12,263 total Hoosiers have died from it.