A new COVID-19 testing site is slated to open in Warrick County on Friday, Nov. 20.
The new drive/walk-through testing site, which will be located at 3199 State Road 261 in Newburgh, Indiana, will be jointly operated by the Warrick County Health Department and Deaconess.
This site will have a soft opening, and the first week will have the following hours:
- Friday, Nov. 20: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- (Closed Saturday, Nov. 21 – Sunday, Nov. 22)
- Monday, Nov. 23: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 24: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- (Closed Thursday, Nov. 26 – Sunday, Nov. 29)
Following the testing site's soft opening, normal hours will begin on Monday, Nov. 30.
As of Nov. 30, the ongoing testing site hours will be:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Those seeking testing will be able to schedule an appointment online at www.deaconess.com/testing.
Patients will be able to receive test results through the Deaconess MyChart app as soon as those results are available; patients without a MyChart account will also receive phone calls with positive results, but this process will not be as immediate as MyChart.
This collaboration is the result of an Indiana State Department of Health grant and will continue through June 2021. During that time, the site will be used for testing, as well as possible vaccine administration.