On Sept. 1, detectives with the Warrick County Sheriff's Office arrested 59-year-old John Rebmann on numerous charges of Child Molesting and Child Exploitation, among others.
The arrest came after the Warrick County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint in late-August of child molest and child exploitation involving Rebmann.
According to WCSO, victims were interviewed at Holly's House later in the same week the complaint was made. Detectives then executed a search warrant at Rebmann's Newburgh apartment.
WCSO says a search of Rebmann's residence revealed child sexual abuse material, and that Rebmann was taken into custody at his place of employment following the execution of the search warrant.
The sheriff's office says information developed during the course of the investigation indicated that multiple incidents of child molestation and child pornography production had occurred since at least 2006. The Warrick County Sheriff’s Office is currently in the process of identifying the victims.
Anyone with more information on Rebmann is asked to contact the detective's office at 812-897-6180.
The Warrick County Prosecutor’s Office formally filed the following charges in Warrick Circuit Court:
- Child Molesting, a Class A felony (2 Counts)
- Child Molesting, a Class C felony (1 Count)
- Child Molesting, a Level 1 felony (1 Count)
- Child Molesting, a Level 4 felony (1 Count)
- Criminal Deviate Conduct, a Class B felony (2 Counts)
- Vicarious Sexual Gratification, a Class C felony (1 Count)
- Child Exploitation, a Class C felony (14 Counts)
- Child Exploitation, a Level 4 felony (3 Counts)
WCO says more charges may be filed against Rebmann as the investigation continues.
Rebmann is being held in the Warrick County Jail on a $50,000 cash bond.
All suspects are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.