The Green River District Health Department says all of the counties in its western Kentucky area are now areas of "high or substantial transmission" of COVID-19.
In the health department's Friday report, it said it had identified 302 new positive cases of COVID-19 in its seven-county area - the highest number of new positive cases reported in the area in recent weeks.
New positive cases reported by GRDHD Friday:
- Daviess County: 108 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 4 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 90 new positive cases
- McLean County: 13 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 37 new positive cases
- Union County: 24 new positive cases
- Webster County: 26 new positive cases
In addition to those new positive cases announced Friday, GRDHD said 164 cases of the virus had been added to the district's totals from "data reconciliation."
Altogether, GRDHD says 24,044 total positive cases of COVID-19 have been identified in the seven-county area to date.
Here's a breakdown of where each county in the district currently stands: