The Owensboro High School Red Devils tipped off on Monday night against Butler County, and the school's girls basketball team will play its first game of the season on Tuesday night against South Warren High School.
Tuesday night's game against South Warren will begin at 7:00 pm, and fans will be able to watch for free via livestream - not just for Tuesday night's game, but for all future home games played at OHS.
The livestream service was made available through a partnership between OHS and Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union and was created in an effort to ensure fans would be able to watch the games since in-person attendance would be extremely limited due to COVID-19.
All members of the community will be able to watch the game for free on the NFHS Network and can tune in to the stream as soon as 5:30 pm. Upcoming streams are also listed on the website.
The NFHS Network was previously a subscription-only service, but thanks to the school's partnership with ETFCU, the paywall has been removed for basketball season.
Tightened restrictions on attendance at games isn't the only safety measure being taken against the spread of COVID-19 at OHS as the basketball season begins.
Here's a full list of the school's COVID-19 rules:
- Face coverings the entire time in school
- Social distancing the entire time in school
- 2 immediate family members per athlete/coach. Contact tracing forms will be sent to visiting schools/family members.
- Upstairs seating only.
- The 2 immediate family members are expected to sit together and must sit in the marked seating that is socially distanced from others.
- No visiting radio or streaming service.
- Spectators must leave as soon as the game is over. The participants will meet you outside. No congregating in gym/lobby after the game.
- All home games will be live-streamed on NFHS Network.