A Chandler, Indiana man was arrested late Wednesday night after a multi-county pursuit, according to the Indiana State Police.
ISP says 29-year-old Cody McCool of Chandler was arrested on multiple charges after fleeing from deputies during a traffic stop.
McCool allegedly fled from Troopers while field sobriety tests were being conducted after he displayed signs of impairment.
According to ISP, McCool led Troopers on a chase from Posey County that went through Vanderburgh County, eventually ending in Warrick County. They say McCool continued to flee even after all four of his vehicle's tires were destroyed by stop sticks.
Eventually, ISP says McCool lost control of his vehicle, at which point he was tased and detained and transported to a local hospital for injuries sustained during the incident.
After being released from his stay at Deaconess Gateway Hospital for minor injuries, McCool was taken to the Posey County Jail where he's being held on bond.
McCool now faces the following charges:
- Criminal Recklessness with a Deadly Weapon (Vehicle), Level 6 Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement with a Vehicle, Level 6 Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated-Refusal, Class C Misdemeanor