On Tuesday, the Green River District Health Department reported a record-breaking day of new positive COVID-19 cases and deaths within its seven-county western Kentucky region.
There were 214 new positive cases of the virus reported throughout the seven-county district on Friday, in addition to 13 new COVID-19 deaths, shattering the district's previous one-day record of 156 new cases, which was set on Nov. 13.
New COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in GRDHD District by County:
- Daviess County: 88 new positive cases, 5 new deaths
- Hancock County: 13 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Henderson County: 41 new positive cases, 1 new death
- McLean County: 13 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Ohio County: 23 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Union County: 17 new positive cases
- Webster County: 19 new positive cases, 1 new death
Now, 6,869 total positive cases of the virus have been identified throughout the seven-county district, as have 122 total COVID-19 deaths.
GRDHD Summary for Each County as of Nov. 17:
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 139,097 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,664 statewide deaths.