While Tropicana Evansville says it will still be open on New Year's Eve, general manager John Chaszar says the business will have to make up for what is missed this year.
According to Chaszar, Dec. 31, 2020, will be "much like any other day" at Tropicana Evansville this year, with a number of different COVID-19 guidelines in place and strictly enforced, as well as several changes in the facility's normal programming.
Here's what Tropicana Evansville says you need to know before you visit on New Year's Eve:
- Guests are required to wear face masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times.
- No smoking, no drinking, and no eating is allowed on the Casino floor.
- Alcohol and non-alcoholic beverage service and consumption is only available and allowed in The Brew Brothers Tap House.
- A heated smoking area is located in level one of the parking garage.
- All guests should practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of 6 feet between you and others.
- Valid identification is required to enter the Casino.
A statement from Tropicana Evansville goes on to say that the capacity in the casino will be closely monitored and that if occupancy becomes an issue, qualified "Caesars Rewards" players will be given priority admission.
Additionally, no live entertainment will be offered, and Cavanaugh’s On the River will also be closed.
"If you’re looking to play slot and table games, put on your mask and join us at Tropicana Evansville," the statement said. "If you’re looking for a wild New Year’s Eve party at Tropicana Evansville, you’ll have to wait until December of 2021 - and I promise we will make up for what is missed this year!"
Tropicana Evansville is open daily, and 24-hour gaming will temporarily return from Friday, Dec. 25, through Sunday, Jan. 3.