The Evansville Fire Department says two people were displaced in an overnight fire at the Timber Apartments off of N. Green River Road in Evansville, Indiana.
EFD says firefighters responded to the apartments in the 4500 block of Timber Lane around 11:40 p.m. on Sunday night for a possible stove fire.
When they arrived at the Timber Apartments, EFD says firefighters found the stove fire in a second-floor apartment unit.
The fire was extinguished in about five minutes and fire damage was contained to the apartment's kitchen, though there was considerable smoke damage throughout the entire apartment. The occupant of the unit where the fire started was displaced.
The fire department says that the stove fire also caused water damage in the apartment below it, causing the person who lived there to be displaced as well. The American Red Cross was called to assist both people.
EFD says the fire was accidental in nature and that it was caused by the heating of cooking oil that was left unattended for a short time.
No injuries were reported.