The University of Southern Indiana will hold reduced capacity, in-person Commencement Exercises in the Screaming Eagles Arena over the weekend of May 7 - 9, 2021.
Due to safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to limit capacity, the University plans to host eight ceremonies instead of the traditional five. The additional ceremonies will reduce the number of graduates per ceremony to allow for adequate physical distancing.
Tickets will be required for guests and each graduate will be allowed two guests. Graduates and guests will be required to follow safety protocols including wearing a face covering, practicing good hand hygiene and adequate physical distancing when entering and leaving the Arena.
“Safety has guided our thinking since the beginning of the pandemic. As the number of COVID positive cases have been precipitously dropping in our community and vaccinations are being made available to more citizens, we are cautiously optimistic about holding in-person Spring 2021 Commencement Exercises,” said Ronald S. Rochon, USI President.
The in-person ceremonies are planned for the following dates and times:
Graduate Studies Ceremonies (masters and doctoral candidates)
- Friday, May 7 – two ceremonies, 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. (Graduates should save the date and will be notified which ceremony to attend after registration.)
- Saturday, May 8 – three ceremonies
- Romain College of Business, 9 a.m.
- College of Liberal Arts, 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (Graduates should save the date and will be notified which ceremony to attend after registration.)
- Sunday, May 9 – three ceremonies
- Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education, 9 a.m.
- College of Nursing and Health Professions, 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (Graduates should save the date and will be notified which ceremony to attend after registration.
In order to obtain an accurate count for each ceremony, graduates must register to participate in Commencement by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 23.