The Green River District Health Department is reporting its highest one-day increase of new positive cases to date, in addition to two new COVID-19 deaths.
The health department said Thursday that 228 more residents within its seven-county region had tested positive for COVID-19, and that two more residents of Union County had died from it.
Here are Thursday's new COVID-19 increases within the seven-county GRDHD district:
- Daviess County: 78 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 7 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 42 new positive cases
- McLean County: 5 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 79 new positive cases
- Union County: 6 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Webster County: 11 new positive cases
So far, 8,946 total positive cases of COVID-19 have been identified throughout the seven-county district.
Here's an updated summary from GRDHD for each county within the district:
Wednesday, Kentucky reported its highest statewide increase of new COVID-19 deaths to date. The Bluegrass State is now reporting 186,765 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,980 statewide deaths.