The Vanderburgh County Solid Waste District is offering Vanderburgh County residents a safe way to dispose of hazardous waste over the weekend.
On Saturday, Sept. 26, from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., area residents can head to the Civic Center Parking lot to safely dispose of materials such as:
- Motor oil
- Household cleaners and chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Solvents and thinners
- Oil-based paint
- Mercury-containing items like thermometers and fluorescent bulbs
Materials that will not be accepted:
- Latex paint
- Commercial and industrial waste
- Explosives and ammunition
- Infectious/radioactive waste
- Gas cyilinders
- Computer equipment
"Tox-Away Day" is sponsored by the Vanderburgh County Solid Waste District.