Wednesday's update to the Indiana State Department of Health's COVID-19 map shows 203 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Vanderburgh County.
A higher number of new positive cases of the virus hasn't been reported in the county since back in January.
Following Wednesday's increase, 24,429 total individuals have tested positive for the virus in the county to date, with 105,787 individuals tested.
While Vanderburgh County saw the highest number of new cases in the area Wednesday, the state health department reported new positive cases of the virus in all counties in our area, and one new COVID-19 death in Posey County.
Local COVID-19 Increases Reported by ISDH Wednesday:
- Vanderburgh County: 203 new cases
- Warrick County: 75 new cases
- Posey County: 14 new cases, 1 new death
- Spencer County: 23 new cases
- Gibson County: 36 new cases
- Pike County: 8 new cases
- Dubois County: 17 new cases
- Perry County: 14 new cases
- Knox County: 10 new cases
- Daviess County: 11 new case
Statewide, ISDH said Wednesday that 2,507 new cases of the virus had been identified. That brought the total number of positive cases identified in the state to date to 790,926.
With 19 new COVID-19 deaths also reported statewide, ISDH says 13,680 Hoosiers have died from the virus to date.
For more data on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can view the state health department's dashboard here.