On Monday, another 212 new positive COVID-19 cases were reported in Vanderburgh County.
That's after the Indiana State Department of Health reported 5,050 new positive cases of the virus statewide, marking 430,401 total Indiana residents now known to have tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
With over 5,000 new positive COVID-19 cases reported Monday, all District 10 counties in the southwest region of the state saw new positive cases of the virus. Here are Monday's local increases:
- Vanderburgh County: 212 new positive cases, 12,806 total
- Warrick County: 55 new positive cases, 4,313 total
- Gibson County: 38 new positive cases, 2,603 total
- Posey County: 23 new positive cases, 1,580 total
- Knox County: 11 new positive cases, 2,530 total
- Pike County: 9 new positive cases, 716 total
- Dubois County: 24 new positive cases, 3,400 total
- Daviess County: 17 new positive cases, 2,012 total
- Spencer County: 11 new positive cases, 1,138 total
While no new COVID-19 deaths were reported locally by the state health department on Monday, ISDH said 35 new deaths had occurred statewide. That brought the total number of Hoosiers now confirmed to have died from the virus to 6,530 total.