The Indiana State Department of Health is reporting 8,003 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the Hoosier State.
Of those new positive cases reported throughout the state on Friday, 220 were reported in Vanderburgh County - the county's second-highest single-day increase of new positive cases to date.
Now, 11,174 total Vanderburgh County residents are known to have tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
Record-breaking numbers of new positive cases were also reported nearby in several other counties like Dubois County and Warrick County. Here's a summary of Friday's local increases.
- Vanderburgh County: 220 new positive cases (11,174 total cases), 1 new death (138 total)
- Warrick County: 84 new positive cases (3,727 total), 2 new deaths (76 total)
- Gibson County: 62 new positive cases (2,265 total)
- Knox County: 55 new positive cases (2,175 total), 2 new deaths (24 total)
- Posey County: 29 new positive cases (1,384 total)
- Pike County: 17 new positive cases (610 total)
- Perry County: 11 new positive cases (903 total)
- Daviess County: 34 new positive cases (1,799 total), 4 new deaths (51 total)
- Dubois County: 129 new positive cases (2,848 total)
- Spencer County: 24 new positive cases (991 total)
367,329 total Indiana residents are now confirmed by ISDH to have tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
With 84 new COVID-19 deaths also being reported throughout Indiana on Friday, 5,832 total Indiana residents are now confirmed by ISDH to have died from the virus.
More information on COVID-19 from ISDH can be found on the ISDH COVID-19 Dashboard.