The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is reporting another 5,222 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the Hoosier State.
In our area, the state health department said 228 of those new positive cases had been identified in Vanderburgh County. ISDH also reported dozens of new cases in surrounding counties and a new COVID-19 death in Perry County.
Here's a breakdown of the new local COVID-19 numbers reported Thursday:
- Vanderburgh County: 228 new cases
- Warrick County: 82 new cases
- Dubois County: 58 new cases
- Gibson County: 49 new cases
- Knox County: 40 new cases
- Spencer County: 30 new cases
- Posey county: 29 new cases
- Daviess County: 22 new cases
- Perry County: 9 new cases, 1 new death
With the addition of those 5,222 new positive COVID-19 cases reported in Indiana on Thursday, the state health department said 868,451 Hoosiers had now tested positive for the virus to date.
Including the new COVID-19 death reported in Perry County, ISDH said Thursday that 23 new deaths had been identified throughout the state. That brought the total number of COVID-19 deaths statewide to date to 14,101.
Latest COVID-19 Data for Indiana Release Thursday by ISDH
For more details on COVID-19 in Indiana, visit the state health department's website.