The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is reporting over 3,700 new positive cases of COVID-19.
ISDH said Thursday that 3,713 more Hoosiers had tested positive for the virus. That brought the total number of COVID-19 cases identified in the state to date to 813,046, according to ISDH.
15 new COVID-19 deaths were also reported statewide on Thursday, but none of those new deaths were reported here locally. So far, 13,783 total COVID-19 deaths have been identified in Indiana to date, ISDH says.
Statewide COVID-19 Data Reported by ISDH Thursday
Locally, Vanderburgh County saw the highest number of new positive cases on Thursday, with 256 new positive cases of the virus being reported. Higher case numbers haven't been seen in Vanderburgh County since back in January.
Knox County also saw a high day of new cases in Thursday's update, with 96 new positive cases of the virus reported there. That's the highest number of new positive cases in Knox County since the pandemic began.
Local COVID-19 Increases Reported Thursday:
- Vanderburgh County: 256 new cases
- Knox County: 96 new cases
- Warrick County: 64 new cases
- Spencer County: 39 new cases
- Dubois County: 27 new cases
- Gibson County: 20 new cases
- Posey County: 20 new cases
- Pike County: 14 new cases
- Perry County: 12 new cases
- Daviess County: 10 new cases
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can visit the ISDH Dashboard.