The Green River District Health Department said Tuesday that it had identified another 766 new positive cases of COVID-19 in its seven-county western Kentucky district.
According to GRDHD, 350 of those new positive cases of the virus were identified in Daviess County alone.
Additionally, GRDHD said Tuesday that five new COVID-19 deaths had been identified in its area.
Here's where the new COVID-19 cases and deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Daviess County: 350 new cases
- Hancock County: 36 new cases, 1 new death
- Henderson County: 191 new cases, 1 new death
- McLean County: 16 new cases
- Ohio County: 72 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Union County: 47 new cases, 1 new death
- Webster County: 54 new cases
According to GRDHD, the newly reported cases were investigated between Sept. 3 and Sept. 6.
The health department says that now, there have been 30,606 total positive cases of COVID-19 in the seven-county district to date, with 461 total COVID-19 deaths.
Here's a breakdown of each county in the district via GRDHD.
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 592,489 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 7,845 statewide deaths.