The Ohio County Sheriff's Office says that in September 2019, detectives began an investigation that eventually led to the arrest of a 22-year-old man from Hartford, Kentucky.
According to the sheriff's office, the investigation began after allegations of sexual abuse of minors involving 22-year-old Anthony Hayes and multiple juveniles were made.
OCSO says that the investigation continued over the course of a year, and that in September 2020, Hayes was presented to the Ohio County Grand Jury. He was indicted by the grand jury and an indictment warrant was issued for his arrest.
Then, in October 2020, OCSO received a tip from police in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in reference to Hayes and his whereabouts. Hayes was later arrested in Oklahoma and was extradited back to the Ohio County Detention Center.
Anthony C. James, 22, Was Arrested and Charged With:
- Prohibited use of electronic communication device to procure minor/peace officer
- Distribution obscene matter to minors 1st offense
- Sexual Abuse 1st Degree (5 counts)
- Rape 1st Degree (3 counts)
- Incest- Forcible compulsion/incapable of consent (3 counts)